It doesn't seem like that long since the last time this happened, but apparently its been two years and the "tell us something new about yourself" meme has come around again. I was trying to ignore it but now I've been tagged by Matthew, Davey and Kathy I guess I can't.
- People often mistake me for being younger than I am. This will be more fun when I'm older but right now I'm 28 and wishing people would take me seriously as a professional. (28!! Pay attention people)
- My family has a system called "Family Post" - if you want something transporting, you give it to someone who might see someone who might catch up with someone who has a family member in the same town as the person the item is intended for. Sometimes this system takes years but we can transport almost anything to anyone in the family, free of charge, including plants (and look after them on the way). There is no tracking system however, you just have to throw in your item and hope for the best
- My secondary education was at an all-girls grammar school (state-funded, examination entry). I even have a GCSE in Latin to go with it
- I have been dating the same man for over 8 years, which probably most people know. What I don't usually mention is that when we met, he was already in a relationship and we're now close friends with his then-girlfriend. In fact we're just about to go to South America for 2 weeks to see her.
- I am terribly domesticated. I am a great cook and can feed varying numbers of people with relatively little stress or warning. I can knit and sew, so I can make clothes, soft furnishings, pretty much anything really. I am a competent gardner and an accomplished pianist.
- My boyfriend and I bought a 100+ year old house with 4 bedrooms over 4 floors which needed a lot of renovation. Its our first house and we've since discovered neither of us is great at or enjoys DIY. We'll get through this experience but I wouldn't recommend it
- I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up and I don't have a 5 year plan. If I'd had a 5 year plan 5 years ago, I'd have had a much less interesting life so far.
Last time I did this I refused to tag anyone but this time I'm going to take the opportunity to introduce some of my blog readers to blogs I read myself.
EmmaJane - we have the same middle name and she's also a geeky knitter
Girls Can't What - Gretchen has a site full of brilliant female role models, and she's an ace designer
dotjay - he tagged me last time, and he should blog more
Erik - a cool colleague who will be surprised by this tag
urbanwide - I joke that Deb is "the other girl developer in Leeds"! She's a camera geek, ruby developer, and she helps me understand how "girl" goes with "geek"
Cally - the then-girlfriend in question
Mark Aitken - ex-colleague, mentor and friend
And now the rules:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some wierd.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.